Taking a Breath

Raising children for the Lord is not for the wimp!  It takes time. 

Time...well, I do believe we all have the same 24 hours in the day.  It is just a matter of taking the time to "train up a child in the way he should go."  In this day of fast-paced living and endless technology, I often find myself caught up in the things that are "important" to me and fail to spend the quality time necessary to train my chidren for the Lord.  What a convicting admission, but one I am working on correcting. 

When my children come to me and I tell them I am too busy right now to read them a story, play outside, or just cuddle, I am telling them that they are not the most important physical gift God gave our family.  Not only are we sinning against our children, but also against God who commanded us to "train up our child in the way he should go..."

Satan wants to use whatever obstacles he can find to keep a Christian parent from training their precious Gift from God.  Technology is a tool that can help us or hinder us from being successful in that process.  So I am not suggesting that we remove ourselves from the gadgets we've become attached to; but rather take a breath from them, for our children's sake, and spend the quality time God has given us with our children before they are grown and gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do All to the Glory of God

OBEY RIGHT AWAY, THE RIGHT WAY

Unleashed by Erwin Raphael McManus