Do All to the Glory of God

I Corinthians 10:31- Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.


Recently I have heard this verse used in reference to several different topics: drinking, working, eating, etc., because they are directly referenced in this verse.  While I've not had to struggle with alcohol and no longer work outside the home, I have tried to apply this more to my eating habits.  But that is not what God has been convicting me about lately with this verse.  It has been about taking care of my home and family for the glory of God. 

It is easy to take the privilege of being a stay at home mom for granted. 
  • I am home all day, so the dishes and other housekeeping can wait.
  • I am busy checking my favorite blogs, I can read the kids a book later.
  • My Bible isn't going anywhere, I'll do my devotions later on...maybe while the kids nap.
And there are many more things that I can take for granted.  But are the tasks I am avoiding for the moment the very reason God allows me to be a stay at home mom? 
  • Am I creating a haven for my husband to return to after a full day at work? 
  • What am I telling my children by procrastinating with these tasks? 
  • Most importantly...Am I doing it to the Glory of God? 
It I cannot honestly answer any of those questions with a YES, then I am disobeying I Corinthians 10:31.  What a wake-up call in this world of Me-First!  Not that I should neglect myself, but that I need to prioritize some things in my daily life.

How you are doing all to the Glory of God?

Comments

  1. This was a good wake up call for me too. Thanks for posting this. I find myself doing the exact same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting your thoughts on things like this. Its convicting and a good reminder. I am not very organized (I keep things clean, just dont look in my dressers, drawers or food pantry, that kind of thing), my husband is very organized and his love language is acts of service... Anyway, I always justified my lack of organization with "at least the house isnt messy." and "Randy likes to organize so he'll do it for me" Lately Ive been really convicted about being more organized, especially since it is important to my hubby. Ive been working at it, still havent made it something I do all the time, but am trying :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in full agreement with you Rhoda. It's so good to hear a young mother like yourself talking about this. Our world has so many more distractions and it's very easy to let them take over. When my kids were young we didn't have all of this. I wonder how things would have been different. The computer can take up huge amounts of time and it doesn't even feel like it. I commend you Rhonda. God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

OBEY RIGHT AWAY, THE RIGHT WAY

Teachable Moments - Part 1 Take the time