Recently I have heard this verse used in reference to several different topics: drinking, working, eating, etc., because they are directly referenced in this verse. While I've not had to struggle with alcohol and no longer work outside the home, I have tried to apply this more to my eating habits. But that is not what God has been convicting me about lately with this verse. It has been about taking care of my home and family for the glory of God.
It is easy to take the privilege of being a stay at home mom for granted.
- I am home all day, so the dishes and other housekeeping can wait.
- I am busy checking my favorite blogs, I can read the kids a book later.
- My Bible isn't going anywhere, I'll do my devotions later on...maybe while the kids nap.
- Am I creating a haven for my husband to return to after a full day at work?
- What am I telling my children by procrastinating with these tasks?
- Most importantly...Am I doing it to the Glory of God?
How you are doing all to the Glory of God?